November 3rd, 2014 2:19 PM by Rob Robbins
Winter weather could come at any time in the Branson area. We have had our first frost. The trees are beautiful this fall and the days have a fall like feel to them. We tend to not worry about winter because it is so nice in the fall but that is how we get caught off guard.
You need to get your home ready and this is your reminder.
1. Clean up the leaves so they do not kill out your grass for next spring.
2. Some bushes and plants should be trimmed back. Check with someone smarter than me on which ones those are and how to do it properly.
3. Clean out your gutters.
4. Drain and put away your garden hoses.
5. Buy a Deicer for your sidewalks and driveways. You should always have a bag around incase of times when you must leave home. DO NOT USE SALT! It will destroy the top of your concrete and it is not good for your plants & grass.
6. Make sure all your windows are sealed and closed properly.
7. Check your exterior door seals and replace if needed.
8. Have your furnace checked and serviced by a HVAC professional so it is operating correctly and efficiently.
9. Check your propane tanks and if you use wood have plenty on hand.
10. No wood piles next to the home. Termites love wood piles.
11. Do you have a good show shovel?
12. Remember if the roads are slick you can often wait a couple of hours and they will be melted off.
Have a great fall and take care of your home.